Fan Expo San Francisco 2023 had announced a new guest on Instagram every Thursday for the last several months. Last week was different with a new Star Wars guest announcement every day. The biggest announcement was the return of Mark Hamill since his last con appearance in 2017. I’ll go into detail about Mark Hamill and briefly cover the other guest announcements.
Mark Hamill opens Fan Expo San Francisco with his own Mark Hamill Live panel on Friday, November 24, 2023, at 8PM. General Admission is FREE but the limited seating will be first come, first served. A Silver ticket cost $30 with priority entry and guaranteed seating. A Gold ticket cost $100 with first priority entry and guaranteed seating.
The Mark Hamill Experience package cost $500; includes a gold ticket to Mark Hamill Live and a pre-signed photo.
The Ultimate Mark Hamill Experience package cost $1,000; includes reserved seating to Mark Hamill Live, a photo op up to four people, a pre-signed photo, and an exclusive Mark Hamill lanyard.
A standard autograph cost $400, a premium autograph cost $500, and a bulky item autograph cost $700. Photo ops is $400 for up to two people or $450 for up to four people.
Two hours after the tickets went on sale on Monday, September 25, 2023, the autograph tickets were sold out. Additional blocks of autograph tickets may go on sale before the show. Keep an eye on Instagram and Twitter for future announcements.
If you’re a huge Mark Hamill fan and have a fat wallet, get your tickets sooner rather than later. He will be at the show for all three days.
On a side note, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher appeared at WonderCon 2009 in San Francisco. Since I could only afford only one autograph, I got Carrie Fisher’s autograph. I paid $90 for her autograph. I can’t imagine paying $400 for Mark Hamill’s autograph.
Other Guest Announcements
Unless otherwise noted, guests will be at the show on Saturday and Sunday.
- Ray Park played Darth Maul in “The Phantom Menace.”
- Alan Tudyk played the droid, K-2S0, in “Rogue One.”
- Katee Sackhoff played Bo-Katan in the “Mandalorian” series. She will be at the show only on Saturday.
- Denis Lawson played Red Leader 2 in “Star Wars.”
- Daniel Logan played the young Boba Fett in “The Clone Wars.” He will be at the show for all three days.
- Matthew Wood was the voice of General Grievous.
- Helen Sadler was the voice of the HK-87 assassin droids in the first episode of “Ahsoka.”
Earlier Guest Announcements
Three other Star Wars guests got announced earlier.
- Carl Weathers appeared in the “The Mandalorian.” He will be at the show for all three days.
- Ewan McGregor appeared in the prequel movies and the “Obi-wan Kenobi” series.
- Vivien Lyra Blair played the young Princess Leia in the “Obi-Wan Kenobi” series.
The Force is strong at Fan Expo San Francisco 2023.