In honor of “Read An eBook Week” for this year, the following ebook titles at Smashwords are available at 50% off or FREE!
- A Few Short Stories Omnibus Volume 1 – Now $0.99 (use coupon code REW50)
- A Few Short Stories Omnibus Volume 2 – Now $0.99 (use coupon code REW50)
- Essays From Silicon Valley Omnibus Volume 1 – Now $0.99 (use coupon code REW50)
- KGO Radio Jumps The Shark: More News, Less Talk – Now FREE (use coupon code RE100)
- The Devil’s Advocates – Now FREE (use coupon code RE100)
- The Semper Fi Engagement – Now FREE (use coupon code RE100)
If you enjoy reading any of my ebooks, please leave a kind review on Smashwords.
Updated 03/17/2012 — Last year for Read An eBook Week, I gave away 109 copies from seven free ebooks on Smashwords. This year I decided to have three free ebooks and three discounted ebooks. The results were similar. I gave away 34 copies of the free ebooks and, incidentally, had one discounted ebook sale bought at full price because the reader didn’t use the discount code. Like last year, no one left any reviews. Since I seldom get any sales through the Smashwords website, I would say this year was better than last year.
@Tom – I started writing short stories six years ago when snail mail submissions were still the thing to do, and collected 300 rejection slips before one of my short stories was accepted for publication two years later. I got another 100 rejection slips before I find my groove with the genre fiction anthology market. For the vast majority of published writers, rejection is a fact of life. If your friends aren’t willing to show the world what they got and risk being rejected over and over again, they will never be published writers. As for the Internet, it’s a whole new ball game.
Comments are closed.